by Cece Arnold (Madewell)
Of course I’m not thrilled for summer to be over (good-bye waterskiing upstate with the fam, Sundays at the outdoor Brooklyn Flea, sunshine and warmth in general), but heading back to the F.I.T. (Fashion Institute of Technology) campus always inspires me to step it up fashion-wise and add some newness to my fall closet. One of the perks of interning at Madewell (and spending some quality time in the sample closet) is that I get a sneak peek of all the fall styles—and I’ve been eying these puppies for months:
1. Flutterfall Skirt: I rocked maxiskirts all summer, so I’m excited to try out this new mid-length style.
2. High Riser Jeans: I’m so into high-rise jeans, and these stretchy-soft ones are so great in black.
3. Sketched Shapes Scarf: The pattern looks vintage, and I love the autumny colors.
4. The Prairie Boot: Since F.I.T. is a fashion-focused school, it’s not unusual to see students running around in heels. Luckily, this pair is surprisingly comfortable, so I can easily wear them to a study session at the library, then straight to dinner with friends.
5. Striped Ex-Boyfriend Sweater: So comfy I can throw it on with jeans for early morning classes (and at least feel like I made an effort).
A pic from my summer scrapbook: That’s me second from right, about to jump into the Great Sacandaga Lake in upstate New York.