by Svetlana Legetic (D.C.)
Sprinkle Pretzel recipe courtesy of my buddy Emma Kelly; photos by Kimberly Cadena.
Here is that well-known scenario: you have exactly 1,000 holiday parties to attend and walking in with a bottle of wine is becoming a little predictable. If only you knew how to bake something festive and awesome.
Worry not: Here is the ultimate foolproof, super-adorable holiday dessert that takes no time, will wow friends and, yes, is totally OK to make even if you do know how to bake. Behold, the genius simplicity and all-around cuteness of Holiday Sprinkle Pretzels.
Ingredients (all of which I found at the corner store, so you have no excuse):
● 1 medium bag of pretzels
● 3 chocolate bars
1) Add water to the bottom of your double boiler and wait for it to boil. (If you don’t have a double boiler or have no clue what that is, put a small metal pot inside a bigger metal pot and add water between them.)
2) Place chocolate in smaller bowl and let melt.
3) Dip pretzels in chocolate and place on parchment or wax paper.
4) Apply sprinkles and let sit until chocolate is firm.
5) Place finished treats in a cute bag and impress all your party friends. (Or throw into a bowl and carry to your couch—we won’t judge.)