One of our favorite Instagrammers, @baileybeckstead, shared this delicious-looking pic and we had to find out what it was. The answer? Chia seed powercake—and Bailey was even kind enough to share how she made it. Dig in below.
Chia Seed Powercake
1 packet instant oatmeal
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 Tbsp. ground flax
2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 egg whites
grade A Vermont maple syrup (optional)
1. Prepare instant oatmeal according to package directions.
2. Add chia seeds, ground flax, walnuts and cinnamon and let sit for a few minutes to gelatinize.
3. Add two egg whites and beat until mixture feels similar to pancake batter.
4. Pour batter into a nonstick pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
5. Top with grade A Vermont maple syrup and your choice of fruit.