If you’ve been on our site recently, you may have noticed our furry friend, Roxy the fox, whose precious paw prints trail through the latest Looks We Love story. Curious how we made our mark? Our graphic designers give a step-by-step tutorial on how to create your very own stamp:
WHAT YOU NEED:
-Handle & blades
(Insider tip: A kit like this will help you get started.)
HOW TO MAKE THE STAMP:
1. Draw the desired design using tracing paper.
2. Color in the space you would like to use as the stamp. (The white part will be negative space.)
3. Rub tracing paper on linoleum block, lead side down. Press back of paper with a hard edge to completely transfer pattern.
4. Using your lino cutter, cut around design to remove all negative space.
HOW TO PRINT:
5. Now that your stamp is done, apply ink to the linoleum with a brayer (for larger stamps) or a paintbrush (for smaller ones).
6. Firmly press your stamp ink-side down on a piece of paper. If your stamp is large, use a baren to evenly apply pressure. (You can also improvise with a rolling pin.)
7. Repeat until your project is stamped to perfection!