It feels like we just started eating popsicles and taking dips in the pool, but summer is—sadly—almost over and out. But before you get too bummed about that news, we put together a bucket list of five fun things to do, eat and explore in the last few precious days before Labor Day is upon us.
1. Do the al fresco thing. Gather friends for a long, linger-for-hours supper enjoyed al fresco. (Just don’t forget the bug spray.)
2. Bike across the Golden Gate Bridge—or any bridge for that matter.
3. Go a pickin’. Visit pickyourown.org to find a farm near you. Eat your fresh picks by the bushel and, if you’re feeling extra domestic, whip up your own freezer jam.
4. Write a postcard to a friend—even if it’s from home. Getting actual, hold-in-your-hands mail just feels special.
5. Catch a flick under the stars. Tons of city parks screen exactly-right-for-now films at sunset. Check your local park’s website; we’re big fans of the lineup at Union Square in San Fran (August 3: The Princess Bride) and Pier 1 in Brooklyn Heights (August 8: Roman Holiday, August 15: Rocky!).