A quick stroll through any Madewell reveals that, in addition to being obsessed with denim, we’re pretty mad for music. Luckily, in-house DJ Lindsey, who handpicks our store tunes, will be giving us an early listen to each month’s playlist (in other words, no more Shazam-ing from the dressing room).
Says Lindsey, “Weather always influences my playlists, and I’ve been craving music you want to hear in the backseat of a convertible. Our clothes have that classic rock vibe too—tanks, sandals and distressed denim. Maybe it’s the Florida in me (I can remember my dad tapping the beat of “Wipe Out,” the original surf song, on the dinner table), but this mix reminds me of my endless-summer homeland.”
1. “Hold Tight!” by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich
2. “Misirlou,” by Dick Dale
3. “Florida,” by Luke Temple
4. “Silver Timothy,” by Damien Jurado
5. “Elephant,” by Tame Impala
6. “Wipe Out,” by The Surfaris
7. “Friend Crush,” by Friends
8. “My Generation,” by The Who
9. “Low Rider,” by War
10. “Stressin’,” by King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
11. “Evaporar,” by Little Joy
Each month, we’ll be sharing the songs playing in our stores, so check back soon.
Lindsey wears a Madewell Linen Crewneck Tee.
Very special thanks to Morgenstern’s Finest Ice Cream.