Before you start adding flower crowns and crochet tops to your worn-only-once list, we suggest doing the whole outdoor concert thing a little differently…
And by differently, we mean going for low-key pieces you can wear even after the shows are over.
1. A bright white tee. Classic, simple and the best way to keep cool.
2. Wide-leg crop jeans with a woven belt. Great denim is a given, of course—these feel less obvious than cutoffs or flares but just as cool.
3. A printed scarf. Say you’re hitting up a whole weekend of events, versatile accessories will make any outfit (even a repeat outfit) feel new. Wear this around your neck, in your hair, as a belt…you get the idea.
4. A crossbody bag. You may be tempted to fill a big tote, but we advise keeping things as simple (and light) as possible. And being able to dance with your bag is a major plus.
5. Flat leather sandals. Because you’re going to be dancing—and maybe eventually barefoot—a sandal is the easy slip-on, slip-off, dance-all-day option.
7. An instant camera. To capture those memorable musical moments. (And not obsess over the condition of your good camera in case the weather turns.)
On our festival checklist above? The Modern Linen Muscle Tee, Wide-Leg Crop Jeans, Campweave Belt, Wide-Brimmed Straw Fedora Hat with Leather Cord, Indio Sunglasses, the Mini Lafayette Bucket Bag and Lomo’Instant™ Sanremo Camera.
P.S. Want to win tons of Madewell to wear to a really amazing concert? Enter for a chance to win a trip for two to LA with a stay at the Palihouse West Hollywood, a $1,000 Madewell gift card, a Transport Tote and tickets to see R&B singer-songwriter Kelela perform an intimate #madewellsessions show.* Enter here.
*No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (including D.C.), 18 years and older. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes ends June 15, 2015. To enter and for Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit madewell.com/sessionssweeps.