No season elicits the same fervor as fall, and, at the risk of sounding hyperbolic, there’s nothing better than the first brisk day that requires a cozy sweater, a woolly hat or a leather jacket (or all of them at once, for that matter). As we slip into that wonderful time between cover-nothing and cover-everything weather, we’re sharing 8 tips on how we like to pull our fall look together.
1. Commit to a coat with a print (our pick is plaid). It’s an instant outfit in itself.
2. You need a great bag. It’s our favorite type of necessity: the kind that holds your other necessities year-round.
4. Belts are the unsung hero—superpowers include adding a little definition to the waist, polishing up even the most casual outfits and lending just a bit of personalization if you get yours monogrammed.
5. Add hats liberally and often—if you find yourself feeling a little cooler than usual, just go with it.
6. Plaid is a neutral. Feel free to mix it up. With everything.
7. Ankle boots are your anchor. Wear them with Skinny Skinny Jeans, skirts, dresses—they’ll be your go-tos all season long.
8. Don’t forget small things—minimal jewelry, a selvedge edge, an unexpected print: all the details that make your style entirely personal.
Photography by Angi Welsch.