Reading this, you might be thinking this headline is a trick. Do you need guidance for vegging out and enjoying a leisurely Sunday in bed? Don’t you just, you know, stay in bed? Not so, we say. There’s a way to do it and not feel like a giant sloth. Because while we’ve all been there, we have likely been a bit conflicted about it. Apologetically, we’ll say something like, “Oh, I was so lazy today,” or “I did absolutely nothing today.” But what if we were to tell you that you could stay in bed all day long without a smidge of laziness? Yes, not a smidge.
First things first, you need a few things in preparation. Clean sheets, a proper pair of pj’s (bonus points for not being the ones you slept in the night prior), pretty + comfy lingerie, incense, a candle, a book you’ve been wanting to read forever, maybe even some essential oils that you apply to your pressure points. Think: spa-like reprieve. Large fluffy robe? Definitely helpful, though not required. Our editorial director, Jayna, explains, “It’s not a curtains drawn, hide from the world type thing; it’s more of a ‘how can I channel my cat?’ type thing.” Noted.
Additional to-do’s, care of Jayna, below…
- Keep your room bright and airy. Crack the windows if the weather allows (this will also help you fight the feeling of “hiding” and put you more into the realm of “luxuriating”).
- Occasional full body stretches in the sun are highly encouraged. Remember: cat.
- Order food or have a loved one bring it to you. You want to focus on non-messy or non-crumbly foods (keeping the bed clean is critical). You also want to eat something you love, whatever that may be.
- Do not fear naps: Snoozing is encouraged. Again: cat, cat, cat.
- Keep screen time to a minimum. Many spas have a no-phone policy and you want to subscribe to something similar. A good Instagram scroll isn’t off limits, but minimizing internet rabbit holes will help push the rejuvenation piece.
- Spend a few minutes in stillness and silence. Think of it as meditation without any pressure of actually having to meditate. Just being still and silent. You’ll be impressed with how calming this is.
So there you have it friends—how to create the best day ever for yourself. To prep, our newest collection of intimates has just arrived and it’s the next best thing to being naked, so shop it here.