With the ease of a slipper and the put-togetherness of a pump, a good pair of mules is a wardrobe game changer. There are few other options that strike the polished-yet-comfortable balance so well, and it’s no wonder that statement-making ladies from Egyptian queens to movie stars were known to own a pair or two. Thanks to an extra layer of padding, our new mules feel even more cushy but still look just as sleek. And now we present a very specific—and admittedly silly—list of fancy-slash-comfy things to do in your fancy-slash-comfy mules.
1. Eat caviar from a crystal glass—while seated on a beanbag chair.
Best part? Afterwards you can easily kick off your slip-ons, curl up and take a nap.
2. Attend the opera—wearing pajamas.
With a monocle and heeled mules you’ll fit right in.
3. Mingle in the stands of a polo match—listening to a meditation app.
Just smile and nod if anyone tries to talk to you. They’re probably complimenting your shoes.
4. Engage in an in-depth philosophical discussion—next to a warm, crackling fire.
To mule or not to mule? That is (never) the question.
5. Charter a private yacht—and invite a crew of cuddly puppies.
Just make sure none of ’em have a shoe-chewing habit.