As promised, we’re back with more travel-savvy advice and envy-inducing photos from a few of our friends who recently stayed at the new Hotel San Cristóbal in Todos Santos, Mexico. Discover the dos (and some don’ts) they swear by, scratch that let’s-get-out-of-here itch and find out how you can score a beach vacay of your own.
Once the weather starts warming up, it’s like there’s a little voice in our heads saying: “Get out there, explore.” That feeling makes us want to drag our carry-ons out of our closets, pack a couple of swimsuits, throw on a beachy hat and just go. Before booking our own trip, we caught up with some travel-savvy women who shared a few vacay tips (and their gorgeous snaps) after staying at the dreamy Hotel San Cristóbal in Todos Santos, Mexico.
If there’s one thing we’ve learned from the thousands of photos tagged #denimmadewell, it’s that everyone has a signature way of wearing the blue stuff. We’re talking about those style recipes and go-to tricks you pull out again and again—your “denim rules,” if you will. Show us yours for a chance to win a private party for you and 10 friends at a Madewell store, plus a $1,500 shopping spree for you and free jeans for each guest.* Here, helpful answers to a few FAQs…
It’s about this time every year that music starts sounding sweeter. Maybe it’s all the outdoor concerts and festivals in full swing, the playlists you blast on your weekend road trips or just the fact that it’s summer and, well, there’s a joie de vivre that comes with that. We’ve teamed up with Spotify to give you the gift of music all month long. What exactly does that mean? We’re glad you asked.
While a cozy sweater or a monogrammed bag are both excellent gift options, this year we’re also giving add-ons that can’t be wrapped, i.e., a day trip out of town, a handwritten note or even a heartfelt hug. The crème de la crème? We’re also giving away a trip for two to Paris, with a stay at our favorite boutique hotel, Mama Shelter.
Need we remind you of how very obsessed we are with denim? Well, we have an inkling you feel the same way—and would welcome the idea of having a $1,500 shopping spree to tuck in the back pocket of your Skinny Skinny Jeans. So in honor of our mutual indigo infatuation, we’re hosting a little pin-to-win sweepstakes on that big pinboard in the clouds (and it’s crazy easy to enter).
The important stuff: Hop on over here and pin one (or more) of your favorite denim images to your own board. Here’s to happy pinning and great jeans.
And since we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to rack the Birchbox ladies’ brains about all things beauty, here are their top five tips for a seamless transition from summer to fall:
1. Dramatic Manis: “Ditch the neutrals of summer and switch to statement-making polishes. Not sure what the trend is? Take a gander at our Color Club collection, directly inspired by the fall runway.”
2. Matte’s Where It’s At: “From lips to eyes, here’s how to go matte without looking flat.”
3. Bold Brows: “Full-figured arches are big for fall. If you’re not sure what to do with yours, try a soup-to-nuts kit like Benefit’s Brow Zings.”
4. Sleek Hair: “Low-maintenance styles are back in for fall (thank goodness). But to get smooth strands, you’ll need to rely on your hair dryer more than ever. Keep hair damage free with a heat-protecting spray like this one from Nexxus.”
5. Stain Power: “Long-lasting lip and cheek stains are poised to become your new BFF this season. Learn the best way to apply them here, then pick some up in our shop.”