Notice a worldly feel at madewell.com lately? It’s probably because we’re currently featuring Dutch style blogger extraordinaire Sabrina Meijer. Click here to see the gorgeous shoot—photographed on a houseboat by The Selby.
P.S. Headed to Amsterdam anytime soon? Sabrina maps out her must-visit spots below.
MUSEUM: Foam International Photography Museum (Psst: Foam magazine is an absolute favorite among us Madewell ladies. If you can’t make it across the pond, order a copy here.)
RESTAURANT: Café Toussaint
NIGHTSPOT: Chicago Social Club
COFFEE SHOP: Screaming Beans
VINTAGE STORE: Episode
GO-TO BOUTIQUE: Friday Next
Dutch blogger Sabrina Meijer’s go-to boutique in Amsterdam, Friday Next.
Take a glance at our Amsterdam shoot on madewell.com and you’ll notice—in addition to supercool Dutch blogger Sabrina Meijer—the amazing interior decor of the houseboat, as shot by Todd Selby. So naturally, we asked our visual team for tips on how to recreate a fun Dutch feel in our own homes. Check out their insider advice below.
1. Notice the palm tree wallpaper? Highlighting a single wall with a unique print is the quickest way to add visual character to a room.
2. Winter’s the perfect time to look for dried plants and fruits—they make festive additions to banisters or windowsills.
3. Who says books should always sit upright? Piling them on top of each other adds great dimension (not to mention a nice literary air).
4. You don’t need expensive art to make a room feel elegant. Flea-market finds like black-and-white photographs and vintage masks can be clustered together to add a sophisticated touch.
Who better to embody spring’s undone-chic mood than an infinitely stylish Parisian? Record label owner Caroline de Maigret shows us how it’s done—and all under the capable lens of The Selby.
1. Mix in a slouchy, boyish piece: Two-Tone Silk Pants
2. Stand for neutrals: Colorband Skirt
3. Vintage-inspired accessories speak volumes: The Barnwood Boot
4. Add a dose of color: Soft Silk Boyshirt
5. You can’t go wrong with stripes: Studio Sweaterdress